Chapter 9: Dr. John Gottman is one of the foremost scientific researchers on marital relationships, particularly relational satisfaction and marriage dissolution. He is affiliated with the University of Washington and has authored numerous books, including The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work.
Watch the following brief video featuring a summary of Gottman’s seven principles for a happy relationship:
7 Principles for a Happy Relationship (Links to an external site.)
Answering the following questions:
- Relate the principles to at least three specific concepts covered in Chapter 9.
- Which of the principles do you think is most important? Why?
- Based on Gottman’s message, what would you tell your adult children or a good friend about what you learned from viewing Gottman’s advice?
- Be sure to include terms from the chapter to help explain the principles and concepts.
Chapter 10: The term “boomerang generation” has been used to refer to children who move back in with their parents after finishing college, graduate school or some other form of “adult life.” There are numerous articles devoted to this phenomenon.
Read the following articles that offer diverse perspectives on the boomerang generation and then answer the questions below.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/09/parents-boomerang-kids-_n_5534070.html (Links to an external site.)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandratalty/2015/09/13/failure-to-launch-is-good-for-millennials-and-their-parents/#7d1a9e5519b8 (Links to an external site.)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2016/mar/14/the-boomerang-generation-and-the-childhood-bedrooms-they-still-inhabit (Links to an external site.)
(Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)Answer the following questions:
- What were some of family narratives mentioned (perhaps not overtly) in the article on the 123 boomerang generation that you read? Did they come into conflict with the child moving back in with his/her parents?
- What are some potential benefits of the impact of being part of the boomerang generation? Some potential drawbacks? Are they evenly balanced?
- How do the people who wrote or who were mentioned in the articles manage this new wrinkle in the connection-autonomy dialectic?
- Using the guidelines in “Effective Communication in Families” what advice would you give to members of a family experiencing the boomerang effect?
- Be sure to include terms from the chapter to help explain your perspective on the boomerang generation.
Textbook References: Clear references to the textbook are required in both the original thread post and both peer responses for all course DBs.
- Textbook references should come from the chapter(s) specified in the assignment prompt and be clearly connected to your post and the assignment topic.
- Be sure and include the chapter and page number from the textbook in your posts, for example (chapter 2, 59), just as you would do for any research paper/post!
- Original posts should be at least 500-600 words total and have a least 1 textbook reference from each specified chapter. You will have 2 references per original DB post.
- Each of the two peer responses should be at least 150 words each in length and have a least 1 textbook reference from the specified chapter. You will have a textbook reference in each of your peer response posts.
– I will send you the replys after you deliver the discussion So you can write a reply to them after that.
Read the instructions carefully and stick with them.
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
answer the following question as a discussion was first posted on June 27, 2020 at 9:42 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at [email protected]