- You should take about 10 minutes to think about the topic and instructions. During that time, you may make notes, brainstorm, and free-write or begin an outline on scratch paper. Remember that making an outline before you start your essay will ensure that you stay on topic as you write.
- Use the remaining 60 minutes to write your essay, and proofread. Please print as legibly as possible, and double-space the lines to leave room for comments.
- To receive a top grade on this examination, compose a complete essay, with an introduction, body and conclusion, which should:
- Demonstrate your ability to use APA style in-text citations
- Be objective and not include personal experiences
- Be written in clear, grammatically correct English
- Include an APA style reference of the article at the end of your essay. Do not write your reference out in all CAPS, correct usage of capitalization is an important part of an APA style reference.
Your exam is based on the article Mediators and Moderators of Change in Adjustment Following Intervention for Children Exposed to Intimate Partner Violence by Sandra A. Graham-Bermann, Kathryn H. Howell, Michelle Lilly, and Ellen DeVoe about the effects of intervention for children exposed to Intimate Partner Violence (IPV). The authors examined the factors that contributed to the effectiveness of participation in an intervention program that reduced children internalizing and externalizing behavior problems.
Respond to the following (2) items. You need to be specific in your responses using paraphrasing as appropriate.
- “Our findings suggest that there may be something specifically important about attendance for the child that adds significantly to positive child adjustment” (Graham-Bermann et al., 2011, p. 1829).
a.Describe the barriers to program participation as stated by the authors as well as (2) additional barriers based on your understanding of the article.
b.How can each of the possible barriers stated above be addressed? Be sure to include specific examples.
- “The results of the present study also suggest that children who have been exposed to violence over a greater proportion of their childhood are most at risk for adjustment problems” (Graham-Bermann et al., 2011, p.1829). The authors also suggest that an important issue is “how to specialize treatment for children with more violence exposure, for these children attended fewer intervention sessions and received less benefit than children who had less violence exposure prior to the intervention” (Graham-Bermann et al., 2011, p. 1828).
a. List and describe at least (2) ways to specialize treatment for children with extensive exposure to violence.
b. What types of policies can be implemented to enforce child participation in IPV intervention programs?
Your performance will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- How thoroughly you address each item and follow instructions.
- How well you demonstrate your comprehension of this article.
- Appropriate use of quotations and paraphrasing, using APA style in-text citations.
- Use of correct grammar and sentence structure.
- Proper APA reference
Journal of Interpersonal Violence, Volume 26, Issue 9, Pages 1815-1833, Year 2011
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
diagnostic 2 was first posted on June 27, 2020 at 6:53 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at [email protected]