The purpose of this assignment is:
· To apply a change process using the ACE Star Model of Knowledge Transformation and a systematic review after identifying a clinical topic of concern and related nursing practice issue.
· The information from the ‘Illustration’ part of our lessons in Weeks 1-6 will mentor you through this process. Your change process is to be set up as a pilot project.
EBP Change Process (form)
1. Download the EBP Change Process form (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. during Week 1. (Attached)
2. The use of this specific form is REQUIRED and is due at the end of Week 6.
3. A short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment may be viewed in the short video above.
4. Identify a clinical topic and related nursing practice issue you think needs to be changed.
5. Locate a systematic review on your topic from the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews located in the Chamberlain Library. Be sure this involves nursing actions.
6. Work through each step of the ACE Star Model as outlined on the assignment form (Star Points 1-5: Discovery, Summary, Translation, Implementation, and Evaluation). Respond to the instructions provided on the form.
7. Follow the activities and thinking of Nurse Daniel in Weeks 1-6 in the ‘Illustration’ part of each lesson. He will be working through a clinical topic and nursing practice issue to demonstrate a change (ACE Star Model and systematic review).
8. Work on a portion of the process each week, as the illustration unfolds.
9. Please reach out to your instructor for feedback or assistance with your PICOT question as needed.
10. Required and Additional Background Reading in Weeks 1 and 2 under Readings is available for more information on the ACE Star Model and the use of systematic reviews.
11. Please cite any references (in APA format) of your systematic review or other scholarly document (optional) as needed. Paraphrasing information, rather than quoting, is expected. No quotes for this assignment please!
12. For questions about this assignment, please contact your instructor.
13. Use the grading rubric as a final way to check that all components of the form have been completed. The rubric is the tool your instructor will use to assess your content.
American Nurses Association. (2015). Nursing: Scope and standards of practice. (3rd ed.). Silver Spring, MD: Author.
Week 6 Assignment: EBP Change Process form
ACE Star Model of Knowledge Transformation
Follow Nurse Daniel as your process mentor in the weekly Illustration section of the lesson.
Star Point 1: Discovery (Identify topic and practice issue)
Identify the topic and the nursing practice issue related to this topic. (This MUST involve a nursing practice issue.)
Briefly describe your rationale for your topic selection. Include the scope of the issue/problem.
Star Point 2: Summary (Evidence to support need for a change)
Describe the practice problem in your own words and formulate your PICOT question.
List the systematic review chosen from the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews from the Chamberlain library. Type the complete APA reference for the systematic review selected.
List and briefly describe other sources used for data and information. List any other optional scholarly source used as a supplement to the systematic review in APA format.
Briefly summarize the main findings (in your own words) from the systematic review and the strength of the evidence.
Outline one or two evidence-based solutions you will consider for the trial project.
Star Point 3: Translation (Action Plan)
Identify care standards, practice guidelines, or protocols that may be in place to support your intervention planning (These may come from your organization or from the other sources listed in your Summary section in Star Point 2).
List your stakeholders (by title and not names; include yourself) and describe their roles and responsibilities in the change process (no more than 5).
What specifically is your nursing role in the change process? Other nursing roles?
List your stakeholders by position titles (charge nurse, pharmacist, etc.).-Why are the members chosen (stakeholders) important to your project?
What type of cost analysis will be needed prior to a trial? Who needs to be involved with this?
Star Point 4: (Implementation)
Describe the process for gaining permission to plan and begin a trial. Is there a specific group, committee, or nurse leaders involved?
Describe the plan for educating the staff about the change process trial and how they will be impacted or asked to participate.
Outline the implementation timeline for the change process (start time/end time, what steps are to occur along the timeline).
List the measurable outcomes based on the PICOT. How will these be measured?
What forms, if any, might be used for recording purposes during the pilot change process. Describe.
What resources are available to staff (include yourself) during the change pilot?
Will there be meetings of certain stakeholders throughout the trial? If so, who and when will they meet?
Star Point 5: (Evaluation)
How will you report the outcomes of the trial?
What would be the next steps for the use of the change process information?
2.2019 Update. DLP
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Evidence-Based Practice Change Process appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.