1. Many drugs have been used for medical purposes at one time or another. Aside from Marijuana, pick two currently illicit drugs that have been previously utilized in a legal medical capacity and explain the medical rationale behind their use. Conclude your answer with a description of why each drug was later banned from medical usage.
2. Discuss the difference between instrumental and recreational use of drugs. In your discussion include at least one licit and one illicit drug.
3. In the video “Poverty in Chicago” (Module 2) heroin is depicted as a pronounced inner city problem. Present at least one explanation of this phenomenon using one of the sociological perspectives on drug use found in Chapter 5 of the Levinthal text (4th ed, starting on p. 90).
4. Drug abuse is typically associated with depressed inner city areas, but methamphetamine is very much a problem in rural areas. Discuss the reasons methamphetamine is equally or more prevalent than other illicit drugs in areas outside America’s inner cities.
5. Explain the drug Salvia divinorum. Include in your discussion: its history, effects and potency, accessibility, what the DEA has said about this drug, any toxicity concerns, and the results of a 2013 Michigan survey. Based on what you’ve learned about Salvia, should the criminal justice system be concerned about this drug in the future? Explain why or why not.
6. Discuss the specific adverse effects of marijuana on driving skills. Conclude your discussion by offering your view to the following: based on what is known, should DUI include driving under the influence of marijuana? Explain why or why not.
The post Explain the drug Salvia divinorum. Include in your discussion: its history, effects and potency, accessibility, what the DEA has said about this drug, any toxicity concerns, and the results of a 2013 Michigan survey appeared first on nursing assignment tutor.