1. Vladimir, Vassily, and Valentina are three siblings who immigrated with their parents to Canada from Russia. At the time of immigration, Vladimir was four, Vassily was eighteen, and Valentina was twenty. Based on research by Cheung, Chudek, and Heine regarding sensitive periods, draw a graph predicting how each sibling’s identification with Canadian culture will change as he or she spends more years in Canada?
2. Kosuke is a 3-year-old Japanese boy who scores a 3 out of 7 on a measure of interdependence. Jeremy is a 3-year-old American boy who also scores a 3 out of 7 on a measure of interdependence. In general, the Japanese are more interdependent than Americans. Draw a graph to predict how each child’s score on the measure of interdependence will change (or not change) as he or she gets older (until age eighteen).
3. The Randhawa family is an Indian family who just bought a new house with three bedrooms. There are two parents (a mother and a father), a 3-year-old daughter, a 17-year-old (post-pubescent) daughter, and a 20-year-old (post-pubescent) son. Based only on the values of female chastity anxiety and respect for hierarchy, design a floor plan for their arrangement of bedrooms that satisfies both values. Be sure to note who sleeps in each bedroom.
4. Compare and contrast authoritarian parenting and authoritative parenting, making sure to include associated parental attributes.
5. You overhear a mother talking about her adolescent son being rebellious, but she does not seem bothered by his rebelliousness. Instead, she says that it is a universal phenomenon that adolescents are rebellious. Do you agree or disagree? Please justify your response with empirical evidence.
The post New York University Parenting Discussion appeared first on Submit Your Homework.
New York University Parenting Discussion was first posted on January 14, 2021 at 9:13 pm.©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at [email protected]