- Fundamentals of Nursing Models, Theories, and Practice discusses the theory-practice gap in detail in many chapters. As you’ve read throughout the course, there is ongoing discussion about the connection between theory and practice, and the application in day-to-day nursing activities. This assignment is designed to illustrate that although there may be a gap, other factors play an important role in decision-making and each aspect of theory, research, and practice experience are integral to well-rounded patient care.
Access Fundamentals of Nursing Models, Theories, and Practice and review Figure 1.4 Correlation: education, science and practice, by clicking the Theory–Practice Gap Readings Link directly below this assignment entry.
Think of a scenario in which theory, research, and practice interact to create good patient outcomes.
Create a visual representation of the theory-practice relationship or gap by replacing the text in the Theory-Practice Gap diagram template. If using the template, REMOVE all directions!!
Write a minimum of 525- to 700-word narrative explanation of your visual representation following the diagram.
- Describe the chosen theory, research, and practice guideline or standard.
- Explain the relationship between the three and discuss the role each plays in quality patient care in the scenario.
- Explain any gaps, such as a lack of research, no practice standard, or no useable theory.
- Determine the best course of action for making decisions in the absence of one aspect.
Include documentation of the practice guideline or standard, and your corresponding research, evidence, or literature example.
Cite your research and practice guidelines in-text and on the references page at the end of the template.
The post Theory–Practice Gap appeared first on MBA Nursing Papers.