UMUC Biology 102/103
Lab 6: Taxonomy
· On your own and without assistance, complete this Lab 6 Answer Sheet electronically and submit it via the Assignments Folder by the date listed in the Course Schedule (under Syllabus).
· To conduct your laboratory exercises, use the Laboratory Manual located under Course Content. Read the introduction and the directions for each exercise/experiment carefully before completing the exercises/experiments and answering the questions.
· Save your Lab 6 Answer Sheet in the following format: LastName_Lab6 (e.g., Smith_Lab6).
· You should submit your document as a Word (.doc or .docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) file for best compatibility.
Use the following classifications to determine which organism is least related out of the three. Explain your rationale.
Table 2: Classifications
American Green Tree Frog
European Fire- Bellied Toad
How has DNA sequencing affected the science of classifying organisms?
You are on vacation and see an organism that you do not recognize. Discuss what possible steps you can take to classify it.
Exercise 1: Dichotomous Key Practice
Table 3: Dichotomous Key Results
1. What do you notice about the options of each step as they go from number one up?
2. How does your answer from Question 1 relate to the Linnaean classification system?
Exercise 2: Classification of Organisms
Data Tables and Post-Lab Assessment
Table 2: Key Characteristics of Some Organisms
Figure 4:Exercise 2 – Classification of Organisms Flow Chart
1. Did this series of questions correctly organize each organism? Why or why not?
2. What additional questions would you ask to further categorize the items within the kingdoms (Hint: think about other organisms in each of the kingdoms and what makes them different than the examples used here)?
3. What questions would you have asked instead of the ones that you answered above when classifying the organisms?
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
UMUC Biology 102/103 Lab 6: Taxonomy Answer key A++ tutorial was first posted on July 11, 2019 at 7:02 pm.
©2019 "Essay Associates". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
UMUC Biology 102/103 Lab 6: Taxonomy Answer key A++ tutorial was first posted on July 11, 2019 at 7:03 pm.