Decision making and cognitive processes are influenced by attention, memory, and the task. The cognitive and attentional processes can be described at neurological and/or behavioral levels as well as being addressed by several theoretical models and approaches. In this assignment, you will describe the various neural mechanisms which are involved in the control of cognitive and attentional processes. You will also provide empirical support for the theoretical approach that you believe best describes attentional function within a performance context.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
· This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write an essay (1,250-1,500 words) in which you will examine cognitive and attentional processes in a performance context. In your paper, provide the following:
1. A description of the neural mechanisms involved in the control of cognitive and attentional processes.
2. A discussion of the theoretical approaches that describe attentional function in the performance context.
3. An empirically supported statement identifying the theoretical approach that you believe best describes attentional function within a performance context.
Deci, E. L., & Ryan, R. M. (2000). The “what” and “why” of goal pursuits: Human needs and the self-determination of behavior. Psychological Inquiry, 11(4), 227-268.
Spence, G. B., & Oades, L. G. (2011). Coaching with self-determination in mind: Using theory to advance evidence-based coaching practice. International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching & Mentoring, 9(2), 37-55.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Write an essay (1,250-1,500 words) in which you will examine cognitive and attentional processes in a performance context. In your paper, provide the following: was first posted on September 20, 2019 at 5:05 am.
©2019 "Coursework Research". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com