First part: Answer these questions as rough draft to the essay.
- Who is my audience?
- What is my Claim?
- What position do I want my audience to take?
- Where must my audience begin so that they will take the steps I want them to take and agree to my claim?
- What is the linking idea between grounds and claim?
- Is the move from grounds to claim safe and reliable?
- What are my warrants?
- What possibilities might upset the argument?
- Is a qualification necessary?
Paper 2: Cultivating Persona
This essay assignment will allow you to locate, evaluate, and synthesize information from sources representing diverse perspectives in order to construct an argument that follows the Toulmin Model of argument. The topic of the argument will be about Persona. You’ll write an argument answering this question: What do you think has the biggest influence on how others perceive an individual?
To complete this assignment you should:
- Before you start writing, think about the tools you use to communicate with others how you want to be perceived. Also think about how you want people to see you, and what you do to evoke that view. Where are there consistencies or contradictions? between the tools you use and your desires?
- You’re trying to write an argument that answers this question: What do you think has the biggest influence on how others perceive an individual? This is not a personal essay, though it might include personal narrative elements. One example might be something like this: “The biggest influence on perception is physical style, and how that’s presented in online spaces.” That is an inductive argument, moving from a specific tool to a much larger concept.
- Be aware of how your argument is Inductive, Deductive, or Analogical.
- In body paragraphs, makes points that help you elaborate on the statement you’ve made (the statement is your argument/thesis), defining what you’re using as your grounds, and what warrants you’re relying on to make the argument.
- Incorporate sources/evidence as needed and incorporate those in MLA format. Use at least three sources in your paper.
- Decide where Backing, Qualifiers, and Rebuttals are necessary, and incorporate those.
- In a conclusion, attempt to end in a different place than where you began, remembering that a paper is about a progression, where you move to a new place by the end of it, rather than merely restating the initial thesis.
- Cite all sources in a Work Cited page at the end of the paper
- Include a reflection at the end of the paper that answers these questions:
- What inspired you to make this argument? (another way to ask this is: what is the exigence for your argument?)
- What do you think is working particularly well in this paper? (Be sure to specifically tell me the language you think is working well.)
- What would you like specific feedback on in this paper? (Please don’t ask “How is my writing?” Be more specific than that.)
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS:
You’ve written a paper about what you think has the biggest influence on how others perceive an individual; the Toulmin model is followed, and it’s clear what the specific elements are, and how the reasoning of the paper is structured; a heading is on the first page, along with a title; there’s a clear introduction that makes a statement/argument/thesis; body paragraphs are clearly structured to advance that point, whether it’s deductive, inductive, or analogical; 3 sources/evidence are incorporated where necessary; MLA format is used both in text and also in a Work Cited page at the end; the writing is grammatically correct, and proofreading has been thorough; a reflection follows the works cited.
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
writing essay 232 was first posted on June 27, 2020 at 3:11 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at [email protected]